I’m learning to play the mountain dulcimer — been practicing since September or so. I’m a bit past Twinkle Twinkle Little Star but far short of this:
The harmonics taps as embellishment around 1:06 make me spaz in geekstacy. And around 2:45… is he bending the bass string to get a 2-note slur? *fans self*
Pokermon just sent this to me:
It’s strangely comforting to know that I need never leave my husband for Glen Hansard… because he would come with me.
2010 is going to rock. I haven’t been this excited about an upcoming year in I don’t know when.
We finally sold our house last month. OH YES WE DID. And now we’re starting the hunt for rustic lodging of our very own. Love you Mom, but this Queen is beyond ready for her own Castle.
I’ll do some reviews of last year’s desires and which ones came true soon. In short, life is good. I have good friends, great family, and a rekindled passion for music that has been expanding my horizons in the last few months.
Last year I had Desires, but this year I’m doing the more traditional Resolutions. Improvements in my physical and mental health have given me enough strength to feel Resolve-with-a-capital-R:
1. Be kinder and more patient with my husband and children (especially the children). Over the last few years I’ve finally learned to assert myself, which was a lesson long overdue. Now I’m comfortable enough with the concept (shall we say I Own It?) that I can do so with a gentle hand rather than a baseball bat.
2. Work out regularly. No, really.
3. Get organized. No, REALLY!
4. Quit mumbling and learn to talk like I actually want to be heard. It’s time to accept that I will never be able to communicate telepathically. This one’s for Pokermon.
5. Actually post to my blog once in awhile. Ha ha! Maybe.